The Impatient Gardener: A gem of a weekend

08 November 2009

A gem of a weekend

W ow, what a weekend! I think much of the country experienced beautiful weather this weekend and up here in Wisconsin, the situation was no different. Saturday was hovering near 70 degrees and even though and invitation to go golfing with my girlfriends was tempting, I knew this was going to be one of our last opportunities of the year to enjoy working outside.

Much of the day was spent dealing with the leaves. We got the mulching/bagging mower (rejoice!) so I was thrilled to put the little leaf shnibbles in the garden! So excited. Also made more progress on the fall clean-up of the garden although there's still some of that to do.

The weather Sunday was almost as nice, but I picked up a dresser and nightstand from my grandma's house and thought I better sand it down outside while I can. And since it was such a good sanding day ... I actually pulled out another piece of furniture that I've been meaning to work on.

All of this is just my way of saying ... whoops ... no photos. Oh ... and I completely forgot about the 75 drumstick allium bulbs hiding in the garage. Looks like I'm going to be doing some cold-season garden work after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

The last few days have been so beautiful. I'm hoping November will make up for the crummy Sept/Oct.

November 8, 2009 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger Remington said...

It's always hard for me to put everything "to bed" for the winter....I love spring and summer when it's all in full bloom!

November 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home