The Impatient Gardener: A most charming wall

11 November 2009

A most charming wall

T he house at the end of our road is undergoing a major landscape renovation that is nothing short of spectacular. Hopefully I'll get permission to snap a few pictures next summer. But I did snap a picture of the most spectacular stacked stone wall that serves as the entrance to their property. The wall has been there for a long time, but with the complete re-landscaping they are doing it looks even more wonderful (and if you follow it to its end you end up on the beach). It is straight out of the English countryside, and truly the work of a skilled artisan. Plus, the rocks are covered in wonderful lichen and moss. It just exudes charm.


2 Comments:

Blogger Remington said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 11, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Remington said...

Beautiful! I love it! That is the type of thing I would like at our house.

November 11, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home