The Impatient Gardener: A show you should check out

12 January 2010

A show you should check out

H  ave you caught the new show "Curb Appeal: The block" on HGTV? I'm really loving it. The premise is that they go to a neighborhood and pick the shabbiest house on the block and give it a $20,000 makeover. That's great, especially if you're the lucky person in the shabby house. But what's neat about the show is that they also choose two other houses in the neighborhood to do mini makeovers on. They only spend about $200 on the mini makeovers, but the idea is that the whole block benefits from a little sprucing up.

What I love about it is seeing what a huge difference small details can make in a house. Take this mini makeover. This house was perfectly nice looking before the makeover. In fact, I'd say with it's light gray siding and bright white trim it was downright sharp.



But check out what a little paint can do. This is actually an ORANGE door and I love it. They also did a small amount of sprucing up the yard, cleaning up the beds in front a little and redefining the walkway. I think the difference is amazing.



Gets you thinking doesn't it? So what minor or major changes are you planning to make to the exterior of your place this year?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Remington said...

I LOVE HGTV! I watch it all the time. They have such good shows with great ideas. Maybe something you should think of doing....you are a very talented person! I am not kidding -- I really mean this!

January 12, 2010 at 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be on the lookout for me and my company on this show. We painted about 11 homes total for 8 episodes of Curb Appeal: The Block season 1. This weekend you may see me on there. www.steadyhandpainting.com

January 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

That's so cool, Anonymous! I will check out your Web site and definitely look for you on the show. Seems like they must have shot the whole season in Atlanta?

January 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Amazing what a little paint will do~~I painted the chimney wall a beautiful orange/brown and it had a similar effect...as if the entire room had been redone. gail

January 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I haven't seen this one yet, but have to look out for it!

January 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Corner Gardener Sue said...

I've seen that show once so far. It was pretty fun to see. I don't have plans for any painting or building of things structurally, but plan to do a lot of rearranging of plants.

January 20, 2010 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole-Lynn said...

If you don't mind me asking, what's the color gray on this house? I am looking to paint our house a light gray but can't find any I like--except this. This looks perfect. Please email or comment on my blog,

seasidesmitten {at} aol.com

http://www.thebeverlyfam.blogspot.com

April 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home