The Impatient Gardener: Brightening up the stairs

21 July 2010

Brightening up the stairs

You have to admit that the ugly black wrought iron railing by our front door is a bit depressing. It was green before I painted it black and I think that might have been even more depressing. Maybe someday we'll change that railing out for something more attractive (although how you'd do that  I have no idea), but it does a pretty good job of just sort of disappearing, especially now that this clematis has grown up through it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The seagull came with the house and even though he (I think he's a he ... sometimes I call him Fred) is a bit kitschy, I just think he belongs here. Between the clematis and Fred, I think even the ugly railing is redeemable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Remington said...

Hey Fred, nice to meet you. I think it looks great!

July 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home