The Impatient Gardener: Garden tours

19 July 2010

Garden tours

'Tis the season for garden walks and garden tours, and last week our master gardener group did a progressive dinner and garden tour of three members' gardens. I love getting a peek at other people's gardens. There is nothing like experiencing a garden firsthand to get great ideas to take home to your own garden. Pretty garden books are great, but save those for winter, and get into real gardens when you can!

Photobucket

Echinacea might not be the flashiest of flowers, but they are dependable and invariably happy and proud. How can you not love them?

Photobucket
I think this is butterfly weed, but I'm not positive. Does anyone know for sure?

Photobucket
This large swath of gooseneck loosestrife was a nice statement and I thought it walked a nice line between structural and a little wild.

Photobucket
Um, yeah, that's a basketball court. In the back yard.


Photobucket
House No. 2 started with this totally charming arbor that the homeowner built himself.



Photobucket
With these amazing climbers growing on it.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Off the patio there is a beautiful pond.

Photobucket
With a waterfall, koi and cute frogs!

Photobucket
This frog was pretty cute too.



Photobucket

And this, this folks, is maybe the most amazing hydrangea bloom in all of Wisconsin. I know there are far more beautiful hydrangeas in Washington state and New Zealand a whole bunch of other places, but it takes some doing to get a blue bloom in these parts. If you've been reading the blog for a while you know I'm a lover of hydrangeas and if I could I'd have these all over my yard.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Remington said...

Beautiful! What a great garden tour. Thanks for sharing!

July 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Beautiful photos! Darn my black thumb. :)

July 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home