The Impatient Gardener: Breaking the barriers of paint technology

10 November 2010

Breaking the barriers of paint technology

You know how people say "We can put a man on the moon but we can't _________ (fill in the blank)?"

Well now there is one less thing to say that about. I got an e-mail this morning from My Perfect Color announcing that they can now make you a can of spray paint in ANY COLOR. That's right, you can now pick beyond the 15 or so colors commonly offered in spray paint and you can specifically color match it for your project.

Photobucket


Now, this product needs to be tested for sure, because not all spray paint is created equal. Some just works much better than the rest, but I have a mind to order a can to give it a shot as I have a spray painting project in the works soon (just wait until you see what I'm going to spray paint. Hide your husbands, ladies, because they are going to cry at the horror of it.)

They describe it as a high-quality, industrial-grade spray paint "perfect for painting accessories, railings, grates, registers, crafts and anything else." Well, that about covers it, I guess. It's available in semi-gloss and gloss (too bad because I'm a fan of the satin finish, but beggars can't be choosers.

It sells for $19.99 for a 16-ounce can, which is insanely expensive, but as far as I can tell, they have a lock on the ability to give you spray paint in any color, so I guess that's how they get away with it. Right now there is a coupon for $5 off with the code SCCoupon5A. Free shipping is standard on orders over $50.

To order it, type in the color you want (they offer color matching to almost any brand of paint other than, sadly, Farrow & Ball and Ellen K.... whatever that other one is. 

I've ordered from My Perfect Color in the past and they do a great job of color matching and ship quickly.

So, what do you think? Would you spend $20 for color-matched spray paint?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Remington said...

I think it is worth it!

November 10, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home