The Impatient Gardener: Winter window box

15 December 2010

Winter window box

I pulled out the  fall planting of the window box (which wasn't looking all that bad other than the mums which were DOA) and wintered it up on Saturday. And just in time, I guess, since I didn't even get a chance to snap a picture until Sunday when it was covered in snow.

 It's not exactly gorgeous, but it was completely free and it took me about 20 minutes, including the, um, pruning.

Photobucket



Here's what it looked like a week earlier:
Photobucket


The ornamental cabbage was finally getting really beautiful:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Check out how the window box looked in warmer days.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Darla said...

Both are very pretty, I do love the newest one with the snow!

December 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Remington said...

Very nice! I like the first pic the best!

December 15, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home