The Impatient Gardener: The Garden Appreciation Society -- Week 1 (Join in!)

14 May 2013

The Garden Appreciation Society -- Week 1 (Join in!)

First of all, congratulations to Edie who is the winner of the DeWit bonsai tool kit. Edie, check your email!

I have to say I loved all your comments so much. So many great stories of sentimental houseplants!

 photo GAS-LOGO_zpse4bdf51a.gif

And now, onto a bit of fun. Last week I told you about what I envision The Garden Appreciation Society to be about. Check out that post for the full details, but here's the gist of it: Too many of us are "tight" with the beauty that our gardens produce. We only allow ourselves to enjoy it in situ. The goal of The Garden Appreciation Society is to allow ourselves to enjoy the fruits of our gardening labor in more places.

I won't make you take a pledge, wear a funny hat (unless that's your thing) or take hours away from your weeding gardening time. All you have to do is snip a few flowers or a few leaves, or SOMETHING from your yard and bring it inside to enjoy in a different way. Snap a picture of it, post it on your blog, a photo site (i.e. Flickr, etc.) or even Facebook (make sure you have that photo's settings on public so we can see) and then link it up.

It's not about floral design or photography. It's about enjoying our gardens in a new way.

Here's my first contribution. A few random daffodils (I bet there are five different varieties in there), some wonderfully unfurled ferns (I think they are prettiest in this state) and a few stems from the not-yet-blooming Virginia bluebells to fill it out.

Garden Appreciation Society, daffodils, ferns, Virginia bluebells

The Garden Appreciation Society, daffodils, ferns, Virginia bluebells


Now it's your turn! Link up here (make sure you link direction to the URL of the photo or specific blog post, not a general blog/photo site URL):


Want a button for your blog? Grab the code below to link back to this page.

 photo GAS-LOGO_zpse4bdf51a.gif

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woo hoo! I'm the first! That NEVER happens. So happy you're doing this!

May 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Tammy N said...

So excited about this challenge. A few weeks ago I set the goal to cut flowers from my garden once a week and make a bouquet for my kitchen. It has been so much fun. I love everything about flowers that I share on my website http://www.myflowerjournal.com/

May 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Linnae said...

This is great! I just had this same breakthrough last month and even posted about it (which is what I linked to.) Why is it so hard to pick our flowers? I'm trying to do better. My kids have no hesitation in joining me (no surprise there)! Once I got going, it was fun! I even made another bouquet and took it to a neighbor.

We have a u-pick flower farm just a few minutes away from our home that is great fun. For some reason, I don't have the same hangups about picking someone else's flowers!

May 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Your post inspired me gather a bunch of lilacs so we can enjoy their lovely scent inside too-a good thing as the swarms of lake flies are pretty fierce outside today.

May 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home