The Impatient Gardener: The Garden Appreciation Society Week 12 -- Link up!

31 July 2013

The Garden Appreciation Society Week 12 -- Link up!

I really can't believe we're already on Week 12 of The Garden Appreciation Society. What do you think? Are you enjoying it? I think I'm a flowers-in-the-house convert because of this. I haven't missed the few flowers that I've brought inside each week from the garden and I love that there are always fresh bouquets inside. Even Mr. Much More Patient is commenting on them. I'm so impressed with the creative arrangements that some of you are coming up with.

For instance, check out this simple and very chic little arrangement that Sue made last week:

Think Global, Garden Local photo

This was a great week for me, flower-wise. The hydrangeas are blooming! You all know how I love a hydrangea. The Limelights are just starting to show some buds, but the Annabelle, Invincibelle Spirit and Incrediballs are all blooming. This is the first year I've had "real" blooms on the Incrediballs and I'm pretty sure I'm totally in love. I was a little skeptical about them in the beginning but now that they've matured a little bit I'm really liking them. Especially after last night's rain, which left all the Annabelle stems laying on the ground but the Incrediballs were still standing proud (although thanks to the deer those don't have nearly the number of flowers of the Annabelle).

The Impatient Gardener -- The Garden Appreciation Society -- Annabelle hydrangea, Invicibelle Spirit hydrangea, echinacea

So it's no surprise that this week's bouquet prominently features hydrangeas. The white blooms were all snipped from the stems that were flattened to the ground this morning and the two pinks were from my one Invincibelle Spirit plant. They are a little smaller than I would have hoped, but I'm blaming that on a relatively immature plant and hoping that next year they will be larger.

The Impatient Gardener -- The Garden Appreciation Society -- Annabelle hydrangea, Invicibelle Spirit hydrangea, echinacea

The Impatient Gardener -- The Garden Appreciation Society -- Annabelle hydrangea, Invicibelle Spirit hydrangea, echinacea

And the first of the echinacea are also blooming so I threw a few purple coneflowers in there for good measure. I also managed to avoid fondling the hydrangeas, but don't expect that to last for long.


And don't miss all the previous weeks of The Garden Appreciation Society!


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris Peterson said...

Your hydrangeas are beautiful. I ran into some 'Little Lime' hydrangeas at my local nursery last week and ever since have been trying to figure out where I could put one (or more). I'm probably going to need to hold off until I've pulled out more grass to create beds in a shady area.

Thanks for hosting the Garden Appreciation Society. I've had fun trying out new arrangements, although if the summer heat comes on in force, I may drop out for a while due to lack of viable floral material.

August 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home