The Impatient Gardener: FRIDAY FINDS ... on SUNDAY

31 January 2016

FRIDAY FINDS ... on SUNDAY

I've missed Friday Finds two weeks in a row and I didn't want to let this one pass completely so I bring you a rare Sunday post.

I'll dispense with the usual preamble and get right into it. Here's some of the best of what I was loving on the web last week.

New House New Home photo

Heather shared some great drought-tolerant perennials for her garden. It was just the kind of post I needed in deep, dark midwinter.

I've been trying to play around with new furniture placement in the office (sliding doors, closets, a regular door and big windows are seriously complicating the issue), and I found this great room planner on the Pottery Barn website. I like that it allows you to drop in PB furniture or generic furniture sketches and then change the size.

I don't have a pond for many reasons (not the least of which is that I don't need an on-site Newf pool), but I admire beautiful ponds in other people's gardens. Melissa shares a great tip on how to have a crystal clear pond without using chemicals.

Ben Blossom photo via Gardenista

And if you do have a pond, you can also have a very cool pond house.

I was happy that Eric asked me back to his Gardenfork podcast again. I always have a great time talking to him, but I'll be honest: I never listen to the podcasts after the fact. I cannot stand my own voice. I should probably just get over that, right? Anyway, check it out ... it was a fun one.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Guess what ... it's February!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather @ new house new home said...

Thanks for the shout-out! With this past weekend's weather, it feels like spring isn't too far behind. But we know it's just a tease!
I know what you mean about not listening to yourself.....many moons ago, I used to be on the Canadian version of QVC representing the company I worked for. My husband would faithfully tape every appearance and I would faithfully erase them without even watching it. Yuck!

February 1, 2016 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

I never could grow red Valerian and once I saw where it originated I knew why — very rocky sea cliffs with great drainage. I also can't keep Achillea going. My soil is too rich. That person's pond is only 450 gallons and ours is 7,000 so our situations are different. BUT my philosophy is that the clearer your water is, the more fake your pond looks because you can see the pump and all the set up. A bit of natural murkiness is what makes it look more real and less fake in my estimation.

February 1, 2016 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home