The Impatient Gardener: I want this

27 April 2009

I want this

The compost bin we threw together two years ago in about 15 minutes and four pallets has disintegrated. It didn't help that we stirred the compost pile with the Kubota. That's the bad news. The good news is that I REALLY want this: Lee Valley Tools Compost brackets.


I first saw this on Gardening by the Yard with Paul James (one of the last two decent gardening shows left on HGTV). Here's the problem. Just the brackets alone cost $79. That seems excessive for something that's going to hold decomposing stuff. That doesn't include the boards, which they recommend be cedar or redwood so they won't rot.

So, has anybody used this set-up? Do you love it, or are you wish you had just skipped the expensive brackets and thrown something together for a lot less money?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Genevieve said...

Erin!!! This is super-cool, and totally new to me. If you try it you will have to report back how it all works (and what the final pricetag is!!!)

April 30, 2009 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

I feel myself weakening, Genevieve! I'll make sure to report back if I actually go for it!

Thanks for reading, Gen!

April 30, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home