The Impatient Gardener: Emerging from the snow

25 March 2011

Emerging from the snow

Look what finally gets to see the light of day.

Photobucket


This little boxwood ('Green velvet' I think) is such a trooper. When I planted it near the corner of the garden I never realized that it would be buried by snow plowed from the driveway every winter, but it is. How it manages to retain any shape at all I don't know, but it doesn't look much worse for the wear now that is finally being allowed to see the light of day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

We have boxwoods in the same situation with lots of driveway snow on them and we've only had minor damage — even with the records snows we've been having the last few winters.

March 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Green Velvet' is on my list of shrubs to buy this year so it's nice to see that you've had good luck with yours. Such a prefect little looking evergreen!

April 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home