The Impatient Gardener: Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

15 August 2011

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

Since I've missed every single one of these so far this season, I thought I better hurry up and participate in one before there are no flowers blooming. So last night I set down my gin and tonic and snapped a few pictures of what's happening the garden now.

As always, thank you to Carol at May Dreams Gardens for hosting this. Make sure to go to her page to see lots of wonderful blooms across blogland.

Gbbd1

Everytime I think that Rudbeckia isn't worth chasing around the garden digging it up wherever it has spread to next, I fall back in love with it again.

 

Gbbd2

A baby bloom on a baby Hydrangea 'Let's Dance Moonlight.'

 

Gbbd3

I think this is 'Chorus Line.' I love the lime green throat.

 

Gbbd4

Limelight is out in full force and I think I love this stage of the blooms, when they are a beautiful chartreuse, the most.

 

Gbbd5

 

Gbbd6

 

Gbbd7

The last of the lily blooms. I used to think I didn't like lilies and now I really love them, at least when I can get to them before the deer do.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Christine @ the Gardening Blog said...

Hi Erin - I love your display of August blooms. Love the hydrangeas and the Lily! Very pretty.
Happy GBBD :)

August 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

The drift of rudbeckia looks superb. It obviously is happy in your garden.

August 15, 2011 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is the time of year to fall in love with rudbeckia. Yours look very loveable. That's a pretty daylily, too. 'Chorus Line'? I'll keep my eyes open for it. Happy Blooms Day.

August 16, 2011 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

I really love all those pinks and none of them too sweet!

August 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger scottweberpdx said...

Beautiful post...love your comment about the Rudbeckia...so true!

August 18, 2011 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger bookworm said...

I love unusual colored flowers - the Limelight Hydrangea caught my eye. Lovely plant, lovely photos.

August 21, 2011 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger bookworm said...

I love unusual colored flowers - especially green, such as the Envy zinnia. Your Limelight Hydrangea caught my eye and I see where our local Home Depot sells it...I may just check it out. Happy GBBD!

August 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home