The Impatient Gardener: Dear Canon bigwigs

12 September 2012

Dear Canon bigwigs

Dear Canon bigwigs,

Since I'm sure you're readers of The Impatient Gardener, you've probably noticed that the photography on the blog as of late has not been, um ... award-winning. The main reason for that is that the Canon Rebel XTi that I have occasionally used in the past is borrowed from work and lately it has been needed at work a lot. That means that I'm left to take pictures only with my iPhone. Those pictures are OK, but let's be honest: Photoshop can only do so much.

That's why I wanted to let you know that I'd be happy to test one of your new EOS-M mirrorless cameras when they come out in mid-October. I'd be happy to report back on it, but you could also just follow the blog to see what kind of great photos I'd produce with one of those in my hands.

If you'd like to get in touch with me about providing one for blog use, hit the contact button at the right. My readers thank you, as does my iPhone, which can go back to being a device used for everything BUT photography.

My sincere thanks,
Erin

P.S. Pretty please?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Kristin Browne said...

ha ha! Shall i forward this to THE actual bigwigs? of course i am tight with them all!!!

September 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Ha, Kristin!

You forward it to every bigwig you know! Of course I'm sure they already read it, right? Being big followers and all. I don't have advertising on the blog but a big ol' "Photography by Canon" badge in the sidebar would look quite nice, I think.

September 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

Erin, I actually contacted Canon about doing this very thing a couple of years ago. They told me they decide who gets to do this thing at least a year in advance and then gave me some other gobbledegood explanation as to why they couldn't do it. I hope you get lucky and get to do this though!

September 13, 2012 at 6:30 AM  
Anonymous heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Love it!!! Hey, if you don't ask, you don't get.

September 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Woodside Park said...

Good luck, Erin :) I should try the same. BTW, sometimes my little IPhone surprises me....a few photos actually look pretty decent! Loi

September 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Thanks for stopping by Loi! Always nice to hear from you. And yep, the iPhone can come through from time to time.

September 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Yeah, Canon really has no need for bloggers like me. It'll never happen. I was going for humor. Maybe. Better start saving my pennies!

September 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home