The Impatient Gardener: FRIDAY FINDS

17 April 2015

FRIDAY FINDS



Next week I'll touch base on the progress on all the seeds I've been starting this year, but thanks to this new mini greenhouse, I'll be able to get most of the plants out of the back room this weekend. For about $130 this was gardening money very well spent.

Great. First I wanted pygmy goats, now I want this cool pygmy goat house.  (Sidenote: I found a chicken in the woods the other night and it followed me home but Mr. Much More Patient told me I couldn't keep it and had to take it back to its house, which happens to be down the road a bit.)

http://www.homeologymodernvintage.com/little-woodland-creatures-face-masks/
Home-ology Modern Vintage photo

I don't have kids, but I think these woodland creature face masks are just the sweetest. I bet kids would LOVE them.

How many of Martha Stewart's favorite clematis (clematises?) do you grow?

Speaking of Martha, blogger extraodinaire and man of all things related to great taste Loi Tone is going to be featured in MS Living. I can't wait!

I've been putting up each new episode of the fabulous Gardeners' World on the Youtube channel every Friday, usually by 10 p.m. or so (depending on how well the Internet is working). You can watch them all here.

Patti's sharing some suggestions on her favorite annuals for containers.

Have a great weekend! What's on your agenda?

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Woodside Park said...

Thanks for the shout out, Erin :) You are awesome!! BTW, how is the way home looking this week? Bet those trees are popping.

April 18, 2015 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Woodside Park said...

PS - Like your mini greenhouse but love your giant helper nearby :)

April 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Stephen Andrew said...

I'm so excited about Loi's news!
Even though I'm seriously pissed at Martha about scrapping the iPad issues of Living. That was my favorite magazine especially because of its beautiful iPad interface and now it's just poorly scanned copies of the print edition. You can't even read it! But I'll have to get over it and just buy Loi's issue in print :)

April 19, 2015 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Just watched all the Monty Don episodes you posted. I am in heaven and learned a lot as well.

April 19, 2015 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

I too watched all the Gardeners' World episodes. Love em. I wish the US had a similar garden show like they used to. I miss it so much. This BBC presentation is great tho. Thanks for showing it. My garden has been mulched. That is always the biggest job. Now for the fun stuff. I get to plan my pots so Patti's picks were just in the nick of time. I don't have a lot of sun for pots so my pots will have a few different plants. Getting the veggie bed ready is on schedule too.

April 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Rusthawk said...

Clemati. ;)

So nice to meet you! Love your sweet little greenhouse, too. Wish I had one, I bring flats outside and inside every day.

Found you through your just-now post on Helen Yoest's FB group.

Sending lots of good gardening juju your way!

April 20, 2015 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Ha! Sounds like a disease. Or a religious sect. Thanks for the laugh and the juju!

April 21, 2015 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Aren't they so good? It always amazes me how much earlier spring arrives over there than it does here.

April 21, 2015 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Mulching the garden is a HUGE job and one that I don't look forward to (and often don't do) so good for you for getting that out of the way. Sounds like you're in good shape so far this spring!

April 21, 2015 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Thanks, Loi. He was not impressed that he had to sit out there before he got his dinner.

April 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Honestly I've not picked up Martha's magazine for a long time, but I will definitely get the issue that Loi is in.

April 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

No popping yet, but soon. At least I'm pretty sure it will happen soon!

April 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home