The Impatient Gardener: FRIDAY FINDS

18 December 2015

FRIDAY FINDS

'Tis the holiday season of slow and steady for me. I can't believe I've shown you pretty much nothing in the way of decoration at my house yet. I do have photos, but I'd like to supplement them with some taken at dusk with everything lit up and, since dusk is at about 4 p.m. these days, I only see it two days a week. I didn't really intend to, but I scaled back on everything this year and so far, I'm not regretting it. It won't win me any blogger of the year awards but that's not exactly a change.

So next week you'll get to see everything going on at my house. And you'll probably be sick of Christmas by then!

But, hey, it's Friday, so let's celebrate with some Friday Finds.

Check out these massive and amazing garlands made by Deborah Silver's team.

Tone on Tone photo by Loi Thai.

While I was busy posting about the plans for the bathroom, turns out Loi was finishing up his own, and of course, it's perfection.

Are you jazzed about Star Wars or wondering what all the fuss is about? I'll admit it, I'm a fan, but not a collect-all-the-toys-and-leave-them-trapped-in-their-boxes kind of fan. I'm looking forward to seeing it but don't know when that will be. For the Star Wars fans in your life I thought this DIY wall art was really cute.

As long as we're on DIY stuff, I think this foraged tree topper is really cute. When I was a kid, I loved doing Christmas crafts and I think this would be a good one for kids or adults.


I love this Gif't a Tree campaign. Read about it here and go here for more information. Create a gif, plant a tree!

I love me a conifer, at Christmas or any time of the year. Margaret Roach did a great Q&A on conifers that's worth checking out.

Ever wonder how to care for a pond in winter? Me too. Wonder no more.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?  For me, it's parties, cookie baking, gift wrapping and general merriment.


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Andrew said...

Haha I knew Loi's bathroom would be here :) Merry Christmas!

December 18, 2015 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Margaret Roach's conifers are soooo gorgeous. Sorry to say it but that all white bathroom is making me cold!

December 18, 2015 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That bathroom is gorgeous!! Why didn't I go with an industrial sink like this? Ah yea, no storage!! But I love it anyways.
Big family party here today (40 people!!!) Why am I sitting here on the computer? Have a great weekend - can't wait to see your house dressed for the holidays - you always do such a lovely job.

December 19, 2015 at 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home