The Impatient Gardener: FRIDAY FINDS

02 December 2016

FRIDAY FINDS

Well, it's December and suddenly weekends are full of checking items off a far-too-long to-do list. The main item on mine is doing all the outdoor decorations on Saturday. It's going to be in the mid-30s all weekend, but it's going to rain most of Sunday, so Saturday is the day for outdoor work. I hope I can power through to get it all finished. And I shall remind myself of the wise words of my friend Eric at GardenFork: Done is better than perfect.

Here's what the window box looked like from inside last year. I loved the glow of the lights. This is also a good reminder of why I should remember to wash the window before I do the window box.


I probably don't need to share all the amazing holiday stuff floating around the interweb with you here. Suffice to say, if you're in the mood for a little holiday crafting/DIY, head over to Pinterest and you'll find something to occupy your time. 

Here's a non-holiday project that is pretty cool: a wood storage shed.

A very different kind of advent calendar (that you should probably keep in the fridge).

Oh my gosh, yum

Loi got a new shipment of antiques into his shop and of course they are incredible. That first desk melts my heart.

If you're shopping, make sure you check out the two gift guides I've done so far: Custom Gifts for Gardeners and Vintage Gift Finds. More to come next week in case, like me, shopping doesn't really start for a few weeks!


And lastly, I am definitely going to be stealing this super simple napkin-folding technique from Kim at Sand & Sisal for any holiday gatherings we may have.

What will you be doing this weekend?

SaveSave

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

I don't do much outside decorating. I will be putting up the tree and decorating inside. Maybe some of these ideas you have here will inspire me to do other things. I like your window box. I like light anyplace this time of year.

December 3, 2016 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Casa Mariposa said...

That window display is fabulous! I'd love to look at that every night. :o) Looks perfect enough to me!

December 3, 2016 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Your indoor/outdoor window is one of the best I've ever seen. It's that view from inside that is just magical. I wonder if many folks ever think of the inside view. Years ago I learned one great napkin fold and I've used it ever since. I do love a pretty napkin!

December 4, 2016 at 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Takeshi Kenshin said...

Your window is very beautiful.

December 5, 2016 at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home