The Impatient Gardener: FRIDAY FINDS

21 April 2017

FRIDAY FINDS

Gosh, it's a little crazy being post-Easter already! The next big holiday is Memorial Day! Crazy. Anyway, here's what I'm digging this week.

I like seeing interesting floral arrangements. I sort of aspire to have a clue about flower arranging, which I don't, but I figure practicing will help.


But I was confused why the water in one of my Easter table arrangements was turning blue. The other day I figured it out (see above). By the way, there are no real photos of my arrangements because Easter was mostly a fire drill. Once again, my oven misbehaved. We figured out that it works fine when there's just one thing in it but when you load it up, it runs very low. Grrr.

Well, now I have to go to HomeGoods.

This is a joke, right?

This, definitely is a joke. Well it would be for me anyway.

I bet the No. 1 thing people go to a nursery looking is screening or blocking a view. Here are some ideas.

I'm so envious. I want to go to this nursery for a behind-the-scenes look!

I was so busy last weekend that even though it was beautiful weather, I didn't get into the garden at all! So this weekend I will make up for that. On the agenda is some serious weeding and general clean up, a bit of plant division, a whole bunch of chive hedge work and a horse manure run. Glamorous stuff, I tell you!

Will you be gardening this weekend?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Written on the wall by our oven is "+25" which means it's off by that much, so compensate when you set the temp. I've ordered a lot from Plant Delights and been happy with their price, quality and size but have never visited. Imagine wearing those blouses while you exercise as your oven heats up!

April 21, 2017 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Matt Mattus said...

Hey Erin, thanks for the link! I'm so glad that I discovered your blog (and as a past two-time brand ambassador for Troy Bilt, I feel even more connected!).We just had our 2 Troy Bilt tillers out as we prepped our 'back 40' for potatoes, beans, peas and squash. I could have hand turned in 1/4 acre of manure from the chickens, but that wasn't going to happen! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures - I love the oval bed, I am in the middle of designing a similar one where there used to be an old golf putting green (sounds fancy, but really not! I inherited my grandparents gardens from my parents, and dad and his 7 bro's used to work as greenskeepers in the 1920's a decided to add one to the yard). It's a 40 foot circle of grass which isn't nice anymore. Need to dig it up - I am going to get more inspired by your project! It's a lot of work!

April 26, 2017 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home