The Impatient Gardener: Petal perfection

29 August 2011

Petal perfection

I know I go on and on about hydrangeas, and particularly Limelight, but I simply can't help myself.

I mean look at how many petals are simply packed into this flower.

Limelight1

 

And the blooms on my older Limelight are enormous! Of course all I have for scale is my hand, so here's a picture of me feeling up my hydrangea blooms. Awkward.

Limelight2

 

The blooms on the new Limelights that I planted by the deck are significantly smaller, which is not surprising, but are also much whiter, although I'm wondering if that has more to do with exposure than age.

 

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful! The color of the blooms is so unique...not a color you find much in the plant world, but very cool! Kind of reminds me of those light green zinnias....the pic of you holding the hydrangea is too funny!

August 29, 2011 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Have to agree with Jennifer that your hand on that boob, oops bloom!, is too funny. Do they flop over like Annabelles or are they stronger?

August 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Steph@TheGraniteGurus said...

Beautiful!
I'm a horrible gardener, but my hydrangea is gorgeous this year. Nothing I did, but I'm taking full credit. :)
Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers.

August 31, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home