The Impatient Gardener: Great ideas from unlikely places

19 October 2011

Great ideas from unlikely places




When we were working on the renovation for the house, I spent inordinate amounts of time on Houzz.com. I would save any picture that I liked for any reason and then go back through all of them and see what they had in common. It was a great way to figure out what I really liked so that I could draw inspiration from it for our renovation.

But the problem with Houzz, is that it only deals with pictures of living spaces. What the world needed was Houzz for everything. Enter Pinterest.

I know you've heard of Pinterest, and if you haven't you absolutely must check it out right now. Don't worry, it's not another social networking thing that is going to suck every last bit of free time from you and make you feel guilty when you can't get to it. It's just incredibly inspiring.

Every day I find things that inspire me on Pinterest and with one click I save them (aka pinning). And sometimes I find great things that I'd love to share with you. But instead of blogging every time I become obsessed with a really cool chicken coop, amazing bouquet of flowers or the coolest kitchen I've ever seen, I've been putting links to these pictures up on The Impatient Gardener Facebook page. So if you're a Facebook kind of person and you don't already "like" the page, swing over there so you can see what I'm loving right now. Of course you can also follow my pins on Pinterest. I'll make sure to follow you back because I love seeing what other people love.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lindsay@ A Design Story said...

It's getting so much easier to store all of your inspiration... I am totally a "hoarder" on Pinterest!! I love that it can house all of my fun inspiration images...

October 19, 2011 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Rohrerbot said...

Gosh the pic looks really beautiful with the purple hues and the puppy. That would be nice to come home to:) For me, creating outdoor living spaces can be difficult. I'm working on it every year though:)

October 19, 2011 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

That walkway is STUNNING!!

October 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home