The Impatient Gardener: House tour: The bathroom

11 October 2011

House tour: The bathroom

I know I've show some (OK, a lot) of photos of the renovation here, but I thought I'd do a bit of a house tour now that I have some good photos of the rooms thanks to getting the photos from the article that was done on the house (a wide-angle lens is a beautiful thing).

And there is no better place to start than my favorite room that came out of the renovation: the upstairs bathroom. Since we were a one-bathroom household before this (and that bathroom leaves something to be desired in the space and decor department), it was a real treat to be able to make room for a second bathroom, and, as I've mentioned before, any splurging that happened in the renovation, happened in this room.

Here's what the space that became the bathroom (thanks to raising the roof and adding a small shed dormer) looked like before. Take special note of the absolute hideous wall texture. The peak of that mini dormer ceiling was 5 feet 3 inches.

Reno1 101011 copy

And here's what it looks like now.

Reno4 101011

 

Reno2 101011

Reno3 101011

Bathroom2 040311

 

Bathroom11 040311

 

Paint:

 

  • Walls: Benjamin Moore Gray Mist
  • Ceiling: Benjamin Moore Healing Aloe
  • Trim: Benjamin Moore Cloud White

Fixtures (All Kohler unless otherwise noted):

  • Sink: Archer undermount
  • Vanity faucet: Margaux
  • Shower valve trim: Purist
  • Showerhead: Flipside 02 (LOVE this thing!)
  • Toilet: Toto Carolina II
  • Towel warmer: Runtal Neptune

Other:

  • Countertops: Hanstone Ruscello Aspen
  • Vanity/cabinet: custom, made of beech veneer
  • Teak shower floor (removable) and teak niche shelf
  • Mirror: Pottery Barn Kensington pivot mirror
  • Bath fan/light: Panasonic Whisper
  • Vanity lights: Sonneman 1-Light pendant
  • Door: Salvaged from my grandmother's house

Sources

 

Let me know if I missed anything or you have any other questions.

Wide angle photos by Sam Arendt/Ozaukee Press

 

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Rohrerbot said...

WOW!!! That is amazing. I love the shower stall. You must be excited. I think the extra money was well spent. How much did the bathroom cost to fix up?

October 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

WOW, what a great job!

October 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Katie @ Team Skelley said...

Ooh frameless shower door, nice. You wouldn't believe the nastiness that is stuck in my shower door right now. Love the bathroom! And to answer your question, the Hot Mess tee is from Fleetwood Mac's 03 Tour, but I chose the classic Rumours design because it was much more awesome.

October 12, 2011 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Awesome bathroom! I'm a new reader and just love your blog!

xoxoxo,
martha from elizabeth hill

October 12, 2011 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Completely Coastal said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love the wood floor in a shower!

October 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

October 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Kayleigh said...

love this! Where did you get the shampoo and bottle {??} glass jars in the shower from??

Kayleigh
@ The Gotta Have It Girl

November 28, 2011 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Kayleigh, those came from Target of all places. I'm sure they still have them.

November 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Bean's Blog said...

Love the tile. So timely that I stumbled on your blog. I'm just about to start a bathroom reno!
Where did you get the blue oval tiles, by the way? Gorgeous!

November 29, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

@ Bean's Blog: Thanks for stopping by! Good luck on your bathroom reno. I'm not sure which is worse: a bathroom reno or a kitchen reno, but I know for sure neither is fun while it's happening and both are so worth it when it's finished.

The oval glass tiles came from a Milwaukee-area tile store called 21st Century Tile. I never did figure out who the manufacturer of them was but I believe the color was called Queen's Jewel, which might help in trying to find them online.

November 29, 2011 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Where did you purchase the teak floor?

June 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home