The Impatient Gardener: WEEKEND FINDS

27 January 2017

WEEKEND FINDS

I had to change the name of Friday Finds this week since this is going out so late that most of you won't see it until Saturday.

Here's what I've been liking and loving online this week.

Loi Thai / Tone on Tone photo

Loi shared some of his tips for growing the amazing myrtle topiaries he grows. I'd love to give this a try.

I just signed up for Margaret Roach's "A Garden for 365 Days" webinar. I missed the first one, which was held earlier this week, because I assumed it would be unlimited, but I was wrong. So I quickly signed up for the next airing of it (actually I was on a wait list for a few days). There are three more airings scheduled if you're interested and she just announced a seed-related webinar as well. If you are interested, my advice would be to sign up right away.

Count me in for spicy meatballs.

Some good tips on how to find a hairstylist, although I think they work better in bigger cities. I left my longtime stylist about six months ago and I've been bouncing from stylist to stylist hoping to find someone I like within my price range and haven't had much luck.

Some gorgeous arrangements straight from the garden.

Garden Matters photo compilation

I know you're all thinking about gardening as much as I am so here's a great list of gardening hacks to use this summer. 

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

Don't those topiaries make you want to start sharpening your clippers. They are gorgeous. The blank room they sit in really show off their potential. And the Flower Farm just makes my color starved self cringe with yearning. It won't be as long as it has been.

January 28, 2017 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger CMD said...

I just moved to Northern Wisconsin after being a southern girl/gardener all my life. I've been planning the new beds I'm putting in my yard and your blog has been invaluable. I'll be starting seeds inside for the first time as well and have been consulting your tips on that. Thank you very much!

January 28, 2017 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Where in Wisconsin? I garden in Madison, zone 5.

January 29, 2017 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

I asked women on the street if I liked their hair cut, who did it. As for the garden, i am reading, making notes and doing some ordering. Trying not to go overboard.

January 29, 2017 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Woodside Park said...

You are the best, my friend! Thanks for the shout out :) xoxox

February 2, 2017 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger CMD said...

I'm in Marinette, NE Wisconsin. I'm not sure if we are zone 4 or 5...since we are so close to the bay there seems to be a little slice of zone 5 up here in zone 4 territory. I've been planning and pre-purchasing plants from some of the catalogs and for now am sticking mostly with things that survive in zone 4 just to be safe. Two more months of winter?! Yikes!

February 10, 2017 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Hi CMD! We're definitely zone 5 (the maps claim 5b but I think that depends on the year), and I aim for zone 4 just for a little extra guarantee whenever I can. Then again if I want a plant badly enough I'm happy to do a little zone pushing. I've been to Marinette/Menominee many times (always on a sailboat). In fact I have a crazy story about being left with a random family for the day when I was about 9 and the forecast for the sailboat race my family was doing was not good so they wanted to leave me on shore. I think they asked the harbormaster for a babysitter recommendation and as I recall I ended up going to his sister's house who had a daughter about my age. The race went long and I was there until WELL after my parents had assumed they'd be able to get me (they were stuck on the water so there was no option). Anyway, I can't imagine anyone would do that today! I remember it being fun because they had a lot food that I wasn't allowed to eat! :)

Well, that was a bit of a departure on this comment. Hopefully spring will be here before we know it!

February 10, 2017 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home