The Impatient Gardener: The reason why I don't go crazy in autumn

26 October 2009

The reason why I don't go crazy in autumn

Let me be clear: I'm not one of those people who loves autumn. Sure, I can appreciate a beautiful autumn day when you can take a walk through the woods, admiring the sun coming through the colorful leaves and your feet shuffling through them on the ground. But those days, especially this year, are rare. And just when I'm ready to about throw in the towel and move to Florida, I come home and see this, and I remember why I put up with all this crazy weather.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Deborah at Kilbourne Grove said...

I, on the other hand, love autumn. I am glad the heat is over, my body is glad gardening season is winding down, and I am glad that we can have fires again. The downside is the snow is a comin!

October 27, 2009 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

Deborah,
I think you've hit on the crux of my issue with autumn ... it's the season that inevitably comes after it. If I could have a year that was 80% summer and then equal parts of spring, autumn and winter, I'd probably be OK with it. But then again, would I appreciate all those spring bulbs as much if I hadn't endured another winter? Probably not.

October 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Maya@Completely Coastal said...

I could happily live without (New England) winters too..., and hope that on day I live further south.

November 2, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home