The Impatient Gardener: FRIDAY FINDS: DESPERATE TO GARDEN EDITION

23 January 2015

FRIDAY FINDS: DESPERATE TO GARDEN EDITION

The gardening bug is biting so hard these days it's not even funny. I'm even planning to check just how frozen the ground is in an area where I want to do soil test. It's sort of ridiculous. Anyway, this week's Friday Finds proves that it's gardening that's on my mind these days.

The All-American Selections winners are interesting. These are plants chosen by a non-profit group for "significant achievements and the promise of gardening success." Two are impatiens (these resistant to the downy mildew that scared people from buying them last year) and several vegetables. The basil selection sounds very interesting to me.

I was thinking of doing a post on planning out when to start seeds indoors, but why reinvent the wheel when Margaret Roach has such an easy and convenient tool on her website?



One way to satisfy the gardening urge is to focus on the backyard birds. Gen has some great tips on attracting and caring for the feathered friends in your back yard.

I'm planning to start as many seeds as possible in soil blocks this year. I bought a soil blocker last fall and I can't wait to use it. But you have to use special soil. Here are some recipes.

I think I'm going to try to grow sweet peas this year. They are so beautiful but mostly I think they have such a heavenly scent.

Happy garden dreaming, everyone!


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LINDA from Each Little World said...

Have you seen Matt Matus' sweet plea trials on his blog, Growing with Plants?

January 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home