The Impatient Gardener: The Dancing Peacock lives up to its reputation

31 October 2009

The Dancing Peacock lives up to its reputation

One reason I was actually happy about fall was because I've been dying to see what my new tree, Acer japonicum acontifolium, would look like. Since it's called the "Dancing Peacock" I was anxious to see if it lived up to its reputation. And as you can see, once it got going, it went quick, and boy was it beautiful. I'm so looking forward to watching this tree mature throughout the years. I'm very happy with how it did in its first summer. Readers of this blog will remember what it looked like when it arrived on the scene.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary Waigh said...

Wow! What a gorgeous plant!

October 31, 2009 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Maya@Completely Coastal said...

The color range is amazing..., I can see why it was named Dancing Peacock.
Then..., your fireplace really sounds great (despite the decorating chanllenges)!

November 2, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

It really has gone beyond my expectations. I've planted it in the middle of a new garden bed with large pines as a background, and I think it will be gorgeous against that dark green as it grows.

@Maya: Now that I've decided to start blogging about some of the things that happen IN my house, I'll probably do a post about my fireplace conundrum at some point, so stay tuned!

November 4, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home