The Impatient Gardener: Onions are ordered!

16 February 2010

Onions are ordered!

T   here's hope that winter may end after all. I just placed my order with Dixondale Farms for onion starts. I was so happy with their long-day sweet sampler last year that I ordered it again, although this year they've changed up some of the varieties they include in it. I'll miss the Walla Wallas, which were wonderful last year, but they've included a Spanish yellow and you can't go wrong with those either.

Last year was my first experience with growing onions, and given that the veggie garden was still being built last spring they got in late (April 25 according to this post). This year they'll go in by mid-April which will be a great way to kick off the vegetable garden season. April ... that's not too far away. I might just make it through this winter after all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Remington said...

You are certainly the most organized gardener I have ever met! Now I need to start ordering my stuff. Thanks for the push -- I need it!

February 17, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home