The Impatient Gardener: NO MATTER THE FUSS, SWEET PEAS ARE WORTH IT

06 August 2015

NO MATTER THE FUSS, SWEET PEAS ARE WORTH IT


This spring I grew more flowers from seed than I ever have before. The process was incredibly rewarding and I feel like my garden looks better than it ever has, in part due to all the plants I produced from seed.

Among those flowers were sweet peas, which have a reputation for being a bit particular about their conditions. I tried multiple ways of starting them and will admit they seemed to require more nursing than a lot of other plants.


But I can confirm for you that whatever extra pains I took to grow them were worth it. They are gorgeous and their perfume wafts across the entire garden.

I picked a small bouquet of them the other day to bring inside. They are a treasure.

Yes, sweet peas will have a spot in my garden, no matter how fussy they are, for many years to come.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh those are so pretty! I <3 purple! Your patience rewarded us with beautiful pics even if we can't enjoy the scent!

August 6, 2015 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Stephen Andrew said...

I love them! So glad they rewarded you. Enjoy!

August 6, 2015 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa at Greenbow said...

My mother used to grow sweet peas. I have always wanted to but haven't the knack to get them to grow.

August 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, those are incredible! And I can't even smell them!

August 12, 2015 at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it. I try to respond to comments here or sometimes via email so make sure to check back.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home